Handling of Personal Information on the Website of Toyota Industries Corporation
Toyota Industries Corporation (hereinafter referred to as Toyota Industries) considers the protection of the privacy and personal information (hereinafter collectively referred to as personal information) of visitors to our Website as the base of our business activities and we believe it is an essential duty to society. Toyota Industries' basic policy regarding the handling of personal information on our Website in Japan is explained here.
Any visitor can view the Toyota Industries' Website freely without having to reveal any personal information. However, we may ask you to provide personal information, within a necessary scope, when you send us an inquiry or request information from us. The personal information of visitors that we obtain through the inquiry form, document request form, or e-mail shall be handled in accordance with the personal information protection policy stipulated below.
Personal information includes your name, age, telephone number, e-mail address, addresses of residence or office address, etc. whereby one piece of this information or a combination of more than one piece of this information can be used to identify the individual.
Personal Information Protection Policy
- Toyota Industries shall make all reasonable efforts not to damage a visitor's rights or interests when acquiring, storing, using, or releasing their personal information.
- A visitor can, in principle, view our Website without revealing any personal information and freely read any of the information contained therein. Your personal information will not be acquired by Toyota Industries if you merely view our Website.
- Toyota Industries shall take appropriate safety measures to prevent the leakage, loss, modification, or theft of visitors' personal information that has been acquired, as well as prevent illegal access to visitors' personal information.
- Toyota Industries shall use visitor's personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the following objectives:
- Sending responses to inquiries or requests from visitors
- Sending documents requested by visitors
- Toyota Industries shall not release the personal information of any visitor, except with their prior consent. However, a visitor's personal information may be provided to a third party without their prior consent in the following cases:
- When we determine that a response by one of our subsidiaries, distributors, or dealers is more appropriate
- When the forwarding of a document requested by a visitor has been subcontracted to a third party with whom we have concluded a secrecy agreement
- When regulated to do so by a law
- When it is required for the protection of life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain prior consent
- When cooperation is requested for work regulated by a law and conducted by a national agency, public organization of the local government, or a party subcontracted by them and obtaining the prior consent of the visitor may adversely affect the work
- When a separate and specific personal information protection policy is connected to specific content or when you are linking to such content, that policy shall take priority.
- Toyota Industries shall strictly observe the laws and other regulations applied to personal information and continuously review and improve this personal information protection policy. Therefore, the personal information protection policy shown on the Toyota Industries Website is subject to revision.